A letter from the program chairpersons
I am excited to inform you that the SPE Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition (ATCE) will be in Dallas, Texas, in 2018. As program committee chairpersons, it is our pleasure to invite you to visit the city built on the cotton and oil industries and participate in our premier industry event. Submit a paper proposal that shares your innovation, technical advancement, best practices, and case studies with your peers.
Historically, during downturns our industry generates new technology, and partners with others who participate in testing and further developing these innovations. Then as the industry recovers, more efficient practices and products come to light. Recently, our industry has developed new and innovative ways to learn more from the data collected, and has developed new opportunities to economically extract hydrocarbons.
Please share your innovations and implementations with other engineers, scientists, management, and policymakers who will be attending. While our industry faces many challenges, innovation and determination are alive and well.
This flagship SPE event is set for 24-26 September 2018 and is expected to attract industry professionals from around the world. The paper proposal submission deadline is now 2 February 2018.
We encourage you to focus on collaboration between senior and young professionals, and between service companies and operators in writing and presenting their papers. Your paper will become a part of the multi-society library, OnePetro.org, and may be selected for publication in one of the SPE technical journals. We look forward to seeing you in Dallas.
Dan Scott Peggy Rijken
ATCE 2018 Program Co-Chairperson ATCE 2018 Vice Chairperson
ATCE 2018 Program Co-Chairperson
...approximately 400 technical paper presentations, ePosters, and panel sessions covering:
- Production and Facilities
- Health, Safety, and Environment
- Reservoir Characterization, Description and Dynamics
- Management and Information
- Obtain necessary clearance from your management, and start preparing now.
- Authors whose paper proposals are accepted will be required to provide a manuscript for inclusion in the conference proceedings.
- Authors who do not submit a manuscript and the associated publication forms by the manuscript due date will be withdrawn from the program and will not be allowed to present.
- Please note that
- Paper proposal must be received by the submission deadline.
- If accepted, your paper proposal may be published, as submitted, in conference information media, including on the SPE website.